Authored by: Gina Percival, Public Relations Coordinator
Salt Lake County Youth Services South Office has moved from Riverton to Oak Park Place, 8781 South Redwood Rd. Building #3 in West Jordan, UT 84088. The office number is 385-468-4610. Business hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
Youth in crisis may come with or without parents or through a law enforcement officer to any of our two locations for counseling. Youth who have committed a status offense or delinquent act not meeting detention guidelines, runaway, truancy, substance abuse, curfew violation and ungovernable youth receive treatment. Our services include:
- Juvenile Receiving Center — Crisis counseling, referrals to community agencies and short term placement for youth ages 8 to 17. Free of charge. No appointment is required.
- Family and Teen Counseling — Short– and Long-term therapy offered. Youth can meet with therapist alone or with the family. Short- term consultation is free of charge.
- Substance Abuse Treatment- We accept Medicaid and Uninsured.
- Day Treatment Substance Abuse — serves up to 8 youth ages 14-17. Includes education, skill building groups, counseling, family support and service opportunities.
- General Substance Abuse Treatment — plans are individualized and may include counseling, family counseling, life skills group, recreational therapy group and case management.
- Mental Health Treatment- Short– and Long-term mental health therapy is offered. We accept Medicaid and Uninsured.
Our main office located at 177 West Price Avenue, South Salt Lake City, 84115 is operating, with the Juvenile Receiving Center open 24/7.
Salt Lake County Youth Services mission is to provide safety, shelter and support to children, youth and their families in need. The agency offers over 15 services including substance abuse treatment, residential shelter care for youth 0 to 18, after-school programs, short and long-term individual and family counseling, juvenile receiving centers, and resources for homeless youth. For more information visit: www.slco.org/youth, or contact our main office at 385-468-4500.